This website is no longer being updated.

NHS Sheffield Clinical Commissioning Group has been legally dissolved and from 1 July 2022 has been replaced by a new organisation: NHS South Yorkshire Integrated Care Board (SY ICB). NHS South Yorkshire ICB is now responsible for commissioning and funding of health and care services locally. Please go to our new website for information about the work of NHS South Yorkshire ICB and details about how to contact us.

Thank you.

We want you to have more care closer to your home...

What happens if a person is unable to agree to an assessment?

BETHLEM 27 11177   Copy

Sometimes, the CCG is asked to assess a person, who has a disability or illness that affects their ability to make decision about the care they need or where they live.  This is referred to as ‘capacity' and there are rules that everyone must follow if they think the person may not have capacity to make these decisions.  You can find more information about how capacity is assessed here. If the person does not have capacity to agree to an assessment, the CCG may need to send letters about the assessment to a person acting on their behalf.  Exactly who the CCG corresponds with will depend on whether someone has been appointed to act on their behalf, such as an Attorney, a Deputy or a Guardian. The Government publishes information about these appointments here.  These appointments are made by the Office of the Public Guardian and you can link to their website here.

Sometimes the relatives of a person being assessed for continuing healthcare believe that the CCG should share information with them, on request.  However, the CCG can only share information when patient has given us their consent to do so, or when someone has been appointed to act on their behalf.

NHS Sheffield Clinical Commissioning Group

722 Prince of Wales Road
S9 4EU

Logo: Facebook Logo: Twitter Logo: Youtube Logo: Pinterest